Saturday, July 10, 2010

Throwback Thursday Challenge

This is my 1st Throwback Thursday Challenge for My Creative Time with Emma Aguilar! This weeks challenge is to make a project with an animal from the "Zooballoo" cart, or if you don't have this cart (like me) you can use any "older" cart with animals on it. I decided to use the "Life is a Beach" cart because I haven't used it in over a year, but I just adore all the fun beachy cuts (I LOVE the beach!)!

Well, a dear friend of mine (who keeps me sane!) has been gone on vacation for a week, and I thought I would make up this card to invite her, her hubbie, and her cutie patootie daughter over for dinner this week.
The carts I used are:
*Slumber Party for the background (it's the charm label)
*Forever Young for the background label (it's an emblem from pg. 41)
*Life is a Beach for the shark and the waves
Again, this is a 5" x 10" card. It's scored at 5" and then folded in half. I am just LOVING this size of card! I even found 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" envies at Michaels yesterday! I know they cost more to mail, but most of these are all hand delivered (so I can see the smile they bring to my friend's faces!). 

Recipe:
*The background was cut at 4 1/4" with DCWV jewel stack paper
*The shark was cut at 3 1/2" with DCWV glitter stack paper
*The waves were cut using the "border" feature at 2" and then cut down to fit the length of the card with Me & My Big Ideas paper stack
*The background emblem was cut at 1 3/4" with Stampin' Up's Pumpkin Pie paper
*I used Stampin' Up's scallop circle punch and Marcella K paper for under the sentiment
*I typed up the sentiment on my computer and printed it out onto a piece of white card stock, and then used another Stampin' Up punch to punch it out and add another layer.
I used the Cuttlebug folder Divine Swirls to emboss the waves. Then I glued one row of waves to the card, and "popped" up the top layer with 3D-Dots. I added some ribbon from Michael's, more 3D-Dots to the shark and sentiment, and some bling of course!

If you get a chance to create something (by Sunday night) with an animal and an older cart make sure you head over to My Creative Time, and link  up your project. Happy Saturday craftin' to you all! :)

6 comments:

Minta's Creations said...

This is so cool. I love it!
Minta

Check mine out,
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

My Creative Time said...

WOW, this card is AMAZING!! I LOVE EVERYTHING about it & especially the colors!! I hope to see you back for another throwback Thursday challenge!
Gypsy Hugs,
emma;)

Maggie Lamarre said...

luv luv it..
can you please email me at cuttlebugchallenge@gmail.com
thanks
Maggie

Angie said...

GREAT card!!!!

mum of two said...

I think that is a gorgeous card! So creative. TFS :)

Debbie said...

your so creative I love the card, but I noticed the jars, lol is that your left over ribbon I LOVE THE IDEA wrapped on a stick and put in a jar I am gonna go do this now, Debbie at http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com