Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cheer Sashes

My Little Pickle and I were invited to an end of Cheer Camp show.  Two of my former kindergarten students were a part of this camp, and on Friday they showed off cheers that they had learned, did their jumps, and more! I knew my Little Pickle would LOVE watching the "big" girls do their thing, and I couldn't go empty handed! So, I made them each their very own Cheer Sash:

I got the idea from a very creative someone on the Cricut MB. She had made Luau sashes for a camp (I went back to try to find her name and the post is gone?!)

I used my Gypsy for this project, and it made it so easy! I didn't have a cartridge with a "cheerleader" on it, so I used the "rocker girl" from Once Upon A Princess and did not add all the details. I also did not have any "pom poms" so I used the "lime" flower on Cherry Limeade and layered it for the effect!
My favorite font to weld is on Wild Card! I put the names together and welded them on my Gypsy.

Paper Recipe:
All glitter paper-DCWV glitter stack
Peach-Bazzill
Brown-Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa
White-Stampin' Up Whisper White

The ribbon for the sash is 2 1/2" white ribbon from Michaels. The bows are made from Martha Stewart ribbon that was on clearance (a LONG time ago!), and the bling are Recollections jumbo brads. I used hot glue to glue everything down (even the sash under the bow), and lit the ends of the ribbons with a bbq grill lighter so that they would not fray!

My friend Hilary is here in Las Vegas for work, and is staying with us for a week (I LOVE to craft with her!). We decided to make a couple of these sashes for her girls. I know they will LOVE them!
Aren't they all just so stinkin' cute?! I wish I had a reason to wear one of these around the house all day! Do I really need a reason? :) I hope you all have a chance to create a little something today!

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These are adorable!!!! I can just see the little glimmer in their little eyes when they see them. You will make their day!

Anna Waarvik said...

You did an awesome job - how cute!