Wednesday, July 7, 2010

SWEET card using Slumber Party and Lacy Labels

I just LOVE the NEW Cricut Lite cart Slumber Party, and then mix in a little from Lacy Labels and you have this "SWEET" little card:

This would make a great Thank You card for someone who did something "sweet" for you! :)
I LOVE the pink tulle!!!
Who wouldn't LOVE to receive this "sweet" card, right?!!

Here's the recipe:
Pattern background paper and black paper-Me and My BIG Ideas
All other paper-Recollections
I used 3-D dots and Stampin' Up dimensionals
Xmas Red Stickles

Black Ribbon-Michaels
Pink Tulle-a scrapbook store in my area

This card is a 5" x 10" piece of paper, scored at 5" and then folded in half. The background, the cupcake and all of its pieces are from the Slumber Party cart, and were cut at 4 1/4". The "sweet" and label are from Lacy Labels. The label and frame were cut at 2 1/2". The word "sweet" was cut at 2 3/4".

To emboss I used the Cuttlebug folder Divine Swirls for the frosting of the cupcake, and the folder Houndstooth for the base of the cupcake (I didn't think that was enough, so I added the pink tulle on top!).

I used glue lines to help keep the tulle in place, and fan folded it back and forth on to the glue lines. Then I stapled the black frame into the middle of the tulle (this helps keep the tulle in place and attached the frame at the same time). I "popped" up the white label, the cupcake, and the cherry. My Zig Two Way glue came in quite handy in order to glue down the word "sweet." I covered the cherry and word "sweet" in red stickles, and added the black ribbon.
I lined up my scored mark and blade, and then cut a small slit for the ribbon.
Then pull the ribbon through and tie a fun knot. This goes all the way around the front of the card!
I hope you all have a "SWEET" day!

p.s. I had a few of my fantastic followers ask me if I could "PLEASE" add a subscribe by email button. Well, I looked into it and had some help from Cricaholic and TheBugBytes from the MB (Thanks ladies!!!!), and it is now added on the right.

3 comments:

greenchick said...

Very cute! I love how you did the ribbon.

sucor said...

So SWEET! The tulle is awesome.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable card. Love your color choices. TFS.