Thursday, July 15, 2010

Forever Young Purse/Card sets

I finished! A while back Robyn at My Pink Stamper made these cute little purses, and I made some with a friend of mine. Well, she remembered them and asked me the other day if we could make some more. And I said "OF COURSE!" I love crafting with my friends!!!! So, like I said in yesterday's post my friends Christianna and Shannon came over and we whipped up a bunch of these little puppies! (They make fantastic little gifts!) Here's a picture of all 9 that I made:
Pretty cute right?! They each hold 4 little note cards and envelopes! I'll show those pictures in a minute.
Here's my staging area where I got everything ready to go.
Here are my directions from MPS that I had written out (I keep all of my cards/projects in the same little notebook so that I can keep them all handy!). I had to change them a little because the cards that I used this time were a little smaller then 3 x 3. I also added a little bling to the center of my flowers instead of a stamp.
I sketched out each of my purses and cards to figure out which papers, and ribbons to use. A HUGE Thank You to Megan at Above Rubies Studio for making these great scrapbooking sketch sheets!!! She has some for layouts and some for cards!
So, how do we make these?
All of the cuts are from the Forever Young cartridge page 70 of the manual.
For the purse cut using "Fit to Page," button, and the "purse" feature button. This cuts the purse at 5 1/4".
For the flowers cut all at 3 1/4":
*The biggest flower- "flower7" main button
*The middle flower-"shift" button and main button
*The smallest flower-"layer" button and main button

For the cards you would cut a 3" x 6" pieces of card stock and then fold it in half. I found all of these cards in the $1 bin at Michael's, and they came with their own envelopes too! Each set had enough cards to make 2 purse sets!
For these smaller cards cut a piece of card stock at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". I loved the little images on most of these and did not want to cover them up, so I took a scrap piece of card stock and punched a circle in the middle with my Stampim' Up 1 3/8" punch.
I used this as a guide and held the long one over my square, and then punched the circle exactly where I wanted it.
Can you see the cute little cards amongst this mess?! See how you can still see the adorable little ice cream cone through the circle, now?
There are 2 flowers for these cards:
*The middle flower again-"shift" button and main button
*The smallest flower-"layer" button and main button
Look how nice the 4 cards and envelopes fit inside:
  Now, on to each set and the recipes:
 These are my favorite cards! I LOVE the little cherries and the color combo!
Riding Hood Red Paper-Stampin' Up
DSP Blue Polka Dot paper-Stampin' Up
White Paper-Recollections
Ribbon-Stampin' Up
And a little bling brought to you by Michaels :)
Chocolate Chip Paper-Stampin' Up
DSP Red Polka Dot Paper-Stampin' Up
So Saffron Paper- Stampin' Up
Riding Hood Red Ribbon- Stampin' Up
And again a little bling brought to you by Michaels :)
 Aqua and pink Paper-Recollections
Close to Cocoa (brown paper)-Stampin' Up
Green paper-Stampin' Up
Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon-Stampin'Up
And again a little bling brought to you by Michaels :)
Why are there 3 pink purses you ask? Well, because pink is my fav color! No, actually these cards came with 12! So, that was enough to make 3 purses! I didn't punch out the middle for this card because it had a saying on it, and I just wanted to cover it up. I just LOVE how these turned out!
Pink paper-Stampin' Up
Chocolate Chip paper-Stampin' Up
Pink pattern paper-Me and My Big Ideas paper stack
White ribbon-Stampin' Up
And again a little bling brought to you by Michaels :)

I know that this was a long post, but I hope you enjoyed it! I wish I would have taken pictures of Chrisitanna and Shannon's sets too. They all are adorable and look so different! Have a crafty kinda day!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

These are too cute!!! I want to try one!

greenchick said...

WOW! Those are all beautiful! Great Job!

Anna Waarvik said...

Cute purse and the note cards for the inside are really nice!

I made some of these a while back after I saw Robyn's post too. They are fun to make and give away!

Live Love and Scrap said...

GREAT job....so stinkin cute!!!! I love what you did with those Michaels $1 cards....hope mine still has some =)

hugs,
Sarah

Debbie said...

wow you did a awesome job I love them I am now a follower with you please come visit and follow me at http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com thanks for sharing this great work, Debbie:)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, what a project this is!!! They all turned out wonderful! I can't wait to see what you do in the future.

Rhonda Emery said...

love the purses. I am now a follower.
www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com