Tuesday, July 27, 2010

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #20

Today's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut was to create a card or project using an animal on any Cricut cartridge. Well, my Little Pickle Princess finally got 2 teeth this past week, and I knew I just HAD to make this layout:
I took two pictures of her and her "2" new teeth, and as soon as I print them out I can just stick them right on top of the photo mats!
Paper Recipe:
Photo mats, wood grain, and journaling background- DCWV the Green Stack
All other papers-Stampin' Up

I wanted the title to have a "chipboard" effect so I cut each letter 3 times and layered them on top of each other. I used Storybook and cut each letter at 1 1/2". Then I used the "Shorty" feature and cut the "2" at 1 1/2" (3 times) also. Next, I ran the "2" through my Xyron (upside down) and then glittered it. I wanted the "2" to have a little more dimension so I also used 3D-dots to "pop" it up on top of the little white beaver teeth. The wood grain base was cut using the Slumber Party cartridge and the "circle charm key" at 4 1/4".
Can you see all the little "bite" marks? I used my Stampin' Up scallop punch to make the bite marks around the edges of my page.

I used the Create A Critter cartridge and cut the beaver out at 3 1/4". I cut the teeth out at 5 1/2" and then used ultra fine glitter to make them sparkle! Then I used 3D-dots to "pop" up this little cutie!
I used the Cherry Limeade cartridge and my lovely gypsy to make the sayings "Our Little Beaver," and "July 2010."
The ribbon is from one of my local scrapbook stores. I typed up my journaling on the computer and changed the font color to dark brown so that it would match my papers. Then I changed a few words here and there to red. I used my SU punch again to take a "bite" out of the corner, and then added a couple yellow blings!
I can't wait to print out my pictures and add them to this layout! It was super easy, and I think it turned out pretty darn cute!
 Do any of you have "Little Beavers" out there? Which teeth usually come in next?

I hope I've inspired you to scrap something special today! Happy crafting! ;)

14 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh how cute is this? I love this little layout and look at that little beaver - this is just too cute for words.

Stampleigh said...

Very clever title! I may have to scraplift this! Thanks for playing at FCCB! Leigh

Dorcas said...

Wow! This is a very pretty layout! Thanks for sharing!
~Dorcas

Anna Bananas said...

Aww I love it! My LO is 5 months old, I'm gonna have to scraplift this one!! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Debbie said...

this is super cute thanks for sharing and yes you have inspired me today thanks Debbie

Emily said...

Very cute layout! The beaver is adorable!

Kate said...

This is SUCH a clever idea!! It turned out wonderfully! I love all your touches - especially the bite out of the journal paper!!
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

Very creative. I love the beaver, that is so what little kids look like when they get their first teeth. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB.

Angi Barrs said...

Cute layout. That beaver is adorable. Thanks for playing at FCCB this week.
-Angi-

Valerie said...

This is such a fun idea for a layout!! Totally creative :) Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

Melinda Beltran said...

what a cute layout! I love it! I have pics of my little girl looking just like your beaver...lol! Thank you for the inpsiration! I am going to have to scraplift this for her book :-)

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This is so cute. I love all the bite marks; very clever.

Michelle said...

so cute! the bite marks are too funny. very adorable!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

This is CLEVER CUTE WONDERFUL AND A TRUE KEEPSAKE. I really liked it a lot and spent a log of time here looking at it because it is so well done! Thanks for playing with us at Fantabulous cricut!