Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CJ Too Design Team Project

Hello my crafty friends! I just {love} red, white, and blue...don't you?!  Today's Craft Junkie Too Design Team project theme is Hooray for the Red, White, and Blue.

I am still trying to stay up with my New Year's resolution...my goal is to scrap last year's holiday or occasion before the holiday or occasion occurs this year. Now, I can check off 4th of July!!! Here's what I came up with:
I used the Gypsy Wanderings and Simply Sweet Cricut cartridges for this layout.
I also did a TON of doodling on these pages! I like how it makes the title and cut outs rally "pop!"
The tulle is a glittery tulle from Hobby Lobby. It really adds that sparkle that all 4th of July pages need. :) Some of the stars are placed under the sparkly tulle and I used glue dots to glue some of the stars on top of the tulle.
I totally "lifted" this cute idea from my fantastic sister-in-law (who moved back to Utah, Boo-Who!). She had some red foil stars left over from a party. We added a crumpled and doodled circle, tulle, twine, and a fun brad. I love how it turned out!
The little circle/star tags are from Simply Sweet. I just doodled and stapled them onto the pictures. The adorable little pinwheels are from my super crafty friend Irene and her most recent Crafty Girls Workshop! I just added some twine, of course, and attached them with glue dots.
Here's the second page. I just flipped the photos and title.
More tags, stars, twine and tulle!
Foam adhesive was used to give the title dimension.
I also used foam adhesive to "pop" up the center photo on each page.
Thanks Tracy for another fun CJ Too Design Team project! You can hop on over to Craft Junkie Too to see all of the design team projects by clicking HERE. Happy 4th of July everyone! <3 Kristy

p.s. I'm entering this lo into the Cricut Circle Blog Challenge!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable layout!!! The doodling is perfect!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable layout. Love the use of tulle on this page and the star is awsome. Of course the photos are the best! TFS

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Great LO. I love that you took the time to photograph all the little details and close up!! I adore taking the time to look at all the pics and appreciating all the little touches. Fantastic job.

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Crafty Girls said...

Awesome! Love anything patriotic! You're too sweet to add a link! Thanks!

Irene

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Super cute and adorable layouts. Awesome job. TFS! ~Shen

Debbie said...

cuteness overload!!!!

great close-ups of the details!!!

Shelley said...

Very cute Kristy! Your daughter is adorable! Love the sparkly tulle too! :)

Shelley - Fellow CJToo DT Member
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Oh wow such a fabulous layout. I love it.
I am new follower from Craft Junkie Too linking party.
celeste@touchedbyabutterfly.com
I would love for you visit and follow my blog as well.
www.touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com