Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Cricut and My Classroom

I just realized that I never showed you pictures of items that my trusty Cricut helped my make for my classroom. Later is better than never.. :)
Here is my word wall:

Here is my daily schedule:
*I made different surfboards for parts of the day and specials. I added a  magnetic strip to the back so that I can change them daily, and add them to my board.
Here is the bulletin board outside my classroom. I used the 12 x 24 mat to make each student a surfboard. Then, I printed a label with their name on it, attached it to the top of each board, and laminated them. Every time I put a piece of their work out on the board, it gets stapled onto their surfboard. This way the parents always know where to look for their child's work.
I used a few of my favorite cartridges for these cuts: Life is a Beach, an Ocean of Words, and Cherry Limeade. **And thanks to my friend Tammy for letting me borrow her palm tree, little hula girl, and surfin' boy! (She made these from stamps that she has!!!!)

I hope you enjoyed a little piece of "Surfin' through second grade!" Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

WOW what a cool classroom. My teacher never had anything this nice when I was in school! LOVE all your great additions to the clasroom that help teach the children. TFS and Thanks for teaching our children!