Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Glam Baby LO

Here is my guest designer post for She's a Sassy Lady:

Hi everyone, this is Kristy from Craftin-on-my-door, and I want to "THANK" Sheila for allowing me to be the guest designer again, on She's a Sassy Lady! I hope you all had a fabulous Valentine's Day! Today I decided to show you a layout I did of my little Stinkerbella. For Christmas we decided to "get out of town" and celebrate with my husband's parents in Pismo Beach, CA.  One afternoon we took a short drive to San Luis Obispo, and walked around the shops downtown. We got lucky and found a fantastic craft store called Beverly's! This is where I found these adorable flowers, and KNEW they would go perfect with this layout!
Here's the layout:
Have I told you how much I {heart} my Cricut?! For the titles I used Rock Princess.
The Glam Baby is from page 36. I cut all the layers at 4.76" using my Gypsy.
Then I doodled around each letter on the top layer, added some baker's twine, and popped it up with 3D-dots.
The Sweet is from page 40. I cut all the layers at 2.06" using my Gypsy.
Again, I doodled around each letter on the top layer, added some baker's twine, and popped it up with 3D-dots.
The "SO" was cut using the Country Life font. I unlinked the width and height on my G and cut it at 4.43" by 1.75", in order for it to look like the Rock Princess titles. I also doodled around the s and the o.
I used a corner punch (on 2 of the photos), doodled, added some twine, and then popped them up with 3D-dots. I also used dots to pop up one picture on each page.
Next, I added some hot pink tulle, big "blingy" brads, and some more twine.
Lastly, I added the felt flowers around each page.
I put this layout together a couple of weeks ago, and realized...hey, I can make those stinkin' cute flowers! All you need is some different colors of felt, buttons, string, and a needle.
First, cut 3 sizes of circles (they do not have to be perfect, I think they look even better a little wonky!). Then, cut 2 stem shapes for each flower and sew them together, adding the button on top! It's that easy! I wished that I had had a thimble when doing this, there were times when I needed to really push the needle through all of the layers. Here's what the back of the flowers look like:
FYI, 3D-dots held these flowers down, the best! I want to make some and turn them into clips for my little Stinkerbella's hair! Thanks for joining me today, and if you haven't ventured into making your own embellishments yet, I hope you will give it a try! <3 Kristy 

4 comments:

Lisa Norris said...

So precious! I love the felt flowers and the doodling on the letters! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Jazmin said...

Your daughter is precious! And the LO is freakin adorable... I wish I had a daughter to do this kinda stuff for. :)
BTW - I noticed you said you unlinked your height and width on the Gypsy, how do you do that?

Jazzy
www.JazzysCards.blogspot.com

Crafty Girls said...

Super Stinking Cute! Thanks for showing me the flowers at the crop a couple of weeks ago! I love making them!

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is adorable! Love those photos and hey, you did great on your felt flowers!