Thursday, August 18, 2011

House Warming Cards

So these cute cards may or may not be for a friend who recently bought her first home...I guess she'll have to wait until her house warming party on Friday night to see if these are for her! (Sorry they're not notepads! ;)

I was going to get her a fabulous gift from Bed, Bath, & Beyond but half-way through the process of trying to figure out what to buy Little Stinkerbella had a stage 4 melt down and I don't think ANYONE wanted us to stay in the store. So, I figured that anyone having a house warming party could always use some thank you cards!
I bought the Hoot n' Holler cart awhile back and hadn't used it yet! I always loved this little house, and thought it would be perfect for some house warming thank you cards!
I found these Martha Stewart glass beads on clearance at Michaels and decided to add a little something to the roof. I used Glossy Accents, and my Imaginisce tiny tray for my i-Rock gems. They do go everywhere! I will probably be finding little green balls for years! ha ha!

I also used one of my SU border punches for the background and then added the ribbon by taping it to the back of the background piece.
I didn't know if I {loved} the blank space above the big bow.
So I just added the heart that was cut out of the middle of the little house.
I just love how simple, but cute these little notes are! Here's a set that might or might not be for her...wink wink! Congrats Jayne!
I hope I inspired you to make some cute cards today! <3Kristy

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These notes are adorable... and look at that roof! WOWSERS she is going to love this gift! TFS

Jennifer said...

Can I just tell you how much I love those cute thank you notes?! How perfect are they!!! :) I have never used my Hoot'n'Holler cartridge and didn't even know that adorable house was on there! ;)

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

janner said...

Those are the cutest thank you notes. I never used glass beads before but they are very effective.