Wednesday, August 10, 2011

CJ Too Design Team Post

Hello my crafty friends! Today's Craft Junkie Too DT project guidelines were to make a project for "Back to School!" Being a former teacher myself I thought about something every teacher can always use....Note cards! Every year I would make a little something for my teammates. I'm not teaching this year, but I still wanted to make a little something for my fabulous friends! Here are some cute personalized note cards that I made for the gals I used to teach with.

I used my E2 and my Gypsy for the cuts.

I cut the apples and their pieces first, using Doodlecharms. This way I was able to glue the apple and pieces together while the doilies were being cut out.
Apples, check! Doilies...still cutting...
So, I cut my note cards. They are the size of an A2 card, but only one side of the card. Super easy just cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper into fourths!
The doilies were finished, but I didn't think about what a "pain" it would be to get all those pieces off of the mat! Oh well. I picked this doily (from Lacy Labels) because it reminded me of the seeds inside the apple!
And what a PAIN to get all of the little pieces out of the doilies....eek!
But I {LOVE} how they turned out!!!
Look how cute they are?!
Then I cut strips of the brown paper  (it matches the stems), and glue them almost to the top of each note card.
Next, I attached the cute little monograms with SU 3D adhesive pieces.
I made 4 cards for each fabulous friend.

Then I added envelopes and tied them together with some more twine.



Well, anyone who gets any of these fabulous gals as their 2nd grade teacher is just super lucky! I will miss them all, but we'll be getting together regularly!

I hope you all enjoyed my post today! Please hop on over to CJ Too to see what the other DT members made today!

<3Kristy

8 comments:

Lolis said...

Fabulous notecards!

Unknown said...

What a great project!!!! The recipients will love em!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These note cards are wonderful and I know they will feel special when they receive them and when the use them! TFS

Shelley said...

These are so stinkin' cute Kristy! Love 'em! Great job and I know your friends will love them too!

Shelley
Fellow CJToo DT Member
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Craftyhomemade said...

Cute note cards. Your friends will love it.

Indira

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Adorable notes!! I love them all... what a lot of work, but they sure are wonderful!


TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

janner said...

Wonderful project!

Tanya Isis Ayala said...

great idea lovely