Friday, August 20, 2010

Katie's bachelorette party layout

Hi crafty friends! Here is a layout I did of my super duper neighbor Jessica (who moved and I miss TERRIBLY!) cousin's bachelorette party. I LOVE these color combos and papers!
Recipe:
*The background paper- "sparkly" white from Recollections
*The Riding Hood Red and Black are from Stampin' Up
*Pink Polka Dot-Me and My Big Idea (which were left-over pieces from another page I did a year ago!)
I used my Gypsy and the Wild Card font for the "bachelorette party" and "sept09" parts of the title.
I used the Once Upon a Princess "tag" for photo mats to mimic the sticker over this last picture. Then I punched the edges of the pictures with a corner rounder.
I LOVE Thickers! I layered the letters for more dimension and a funky look!
I used my new Martha Stewart border punch for the loops, and rub-ons for the stitches. I really want to get into sewing on my pages, but first I need to get a sewing machine and then I need to learn to sew! ;)
Last, I adorned my pages with stickers and bling!

Thanks for stopping by today! I am working on my team gifts and decor for my classroom. I will be posting all of those soon! I LOVE the beach! Just thinking about it makes me feel calm! So, I am doing a "Surfin' through 2nd grade" theme (with a Hawaiian twist!).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of fun! I have never scrapped anything from my wedding events..maybe I'll give myself by my 10th anniversary to get it done (2 years? I can do it! lOL!)
Cute stuff and TFS!!!

Maria said...

Super fun layout, I love it!

greenchick said...

Love it! Great layout and the colors are awesome! Looks like you had a blast...hehe

Unknown said...

This layout rocks! I love the blingy coctails! Your marquee photos are fab! Love it!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Oh I love this!!

Your blog design is so pretty too.

I'd love to have you link up in Scraptastic Saturday! (If you want of course!)

Hannah
http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/2010/08/scaptastic-saturday.html

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a fun layout! Great colors and the thickers are awesome!

Celeste B. said...

I've just been surfing through your blog. You're super creative, and from what I understand, very thoughtful (card holders). TFS your creativity!

sucor said...

Awesome layout! Love all the fun detailing!

Leinad said...

Had seen this a while back, but hadn't commented. It is an awesome layout, I love the colors and especially the mixed font title (you're making me want to get the wild card cartridge just for that font!). I also wanted to let you know that you have an award waiting for you on my blog! Thanks for great projects and inspiration! You can find it at http://scrapsticklepop.blogspot.com/2010/09/we-shore-had-fun-awards.html