Sunday, August 1, 2010

Crop Flip Flops and "Squirrel"

Hi EVERYONE! I went to a crop yesterday at one of my local scrapbook stores. I only got "4" pages completed!!! Yikes, where does the time go? Do I talk too much, or help others too much?? Ha Ha! There's NO such thing as "helping others too much!" I LOVE to help others! I had the chance to help one of my friends {understand} her Gypsy better, another friend fall in love with the Cricut, and even met a new friend and helped her learn "how to" use the Cricut for the first time!

The crop was a summer "Flip Flop" crop. The scrapbook store gave everyone a pair of flips:
A stash of stuff:
And then told us to "create" and make them our own! Here's how mine turned out:
I think they turned out pretty darn cute! I will use my E6000 and really glue everything down now that I'm home.

I also made a card for my super fabulous husband! He had a "bonding" day with the Little Pickle Princess  and her teething craziness! They even went to the mall and had lunch together! I'm sure he totally got "hit" on because of the little Cutie he had with him! ;)
This card is a story within its self! Our friends have an amazing, precious, and dear to our {hearts} little girl named Gracie! She lights up any room she walks into! (Seriously, you just want to squeeze her!) Gracie has Down Syndrome, and learned Sign Language before she could really talk.We met Gracie when she was just about 3. She would run down the hallway in the school I worked at, and run straight into my classroom (I didn't have her big sister in my kindergarten class, but what can I say she just loves me!). She would put her hand to her cheek and sign a "K", and say "itty!" (She now says "Kristy" and it makes me kinda sad) One night when my hubbie and I were at her house we were all talking about my husband being a "nut." Right away Gracie starting signing "nut", and saying "Squirrel." To this day she still calls him "Squirrel," and when she first met the Little Pickle she said "Little Squirrel?"!!! Ha ha ha!
So, hence the cute little squirrel on the card:

I used Create a Critter and cut everything at 4 1/4" except for the acorns those were cut at 2". I used the My Pink Stampers punnylicious stamp set.
I'm excited to show you the "4" pages I finished and will be posting them soon!
Thanks for stopping, now go make something! :)

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This card is adorable, and the story is even better. LOVE THE CARD!

Sue said...

Love the card and the story; aren't Down Syndrome children just precious. God has given them to us for a special reason.

Anna Waarvik said...

What a precious story & cute card too! Thanks for sharing it!