Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's your lucky day!

Hello my crafty friends!
 Today is a Craft Junkie Too Design Team Project day!!!! We were asked to create a project that had green and gold on it. Last year I made up these cute little treat bags:
You can find the blog post HERE. I loved handing out those cute treats so I decided to come up with another St. Patty's Day treat bag. And this is what I came up with:




I just {love} these little treat bags! What kid or adult wouldn't love a little chocolate treat?! The first thing I did was turn on my dusty Imagine (I'm so sorry my neglected machine!) I printed a sheet of green patterned paper from the Enjoy the Seasons cartridge.
 Then I chose a couple of fun fonts and printed out my sentiment.
I printed it onto  regular copy paper first and then took a scrap piece of white card stock, adhered it onto the sheet that already went through the printer and then pressed print again. (This way you don't have to waste a whole piece of card stock.)
Next, I cut the sentiments into 3 1/2" by 1", and then used my square punch to make the "flags" on each side.
Then I tied each little flag up with some green twine.
 I cut a strip of paper at 3",
 and then cut them into 4" strips.
 Next, I scored each strip at 2" and folded them in half.
 I put the little gold/chocolate coins in small bags, and then use my new FAVORITE tool to attach the toppers. I find myself stapling everything with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher!!!!
 Then I used the 1/4" side of my corner chomper to round the top of each topper. The last thing I did was use some glue dots to attach the tags/flags to each topper.
 I really like how these little treats turned out and just might have to make some more to give out!!!!
Thanks for stopping by today! Go ahead, click HERE to head on over to Craft Junkie Too to see what the other design team members have created for today's project! ♥Kristy

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Now that is just too cute! And who wouldn't love a treat like that? Love it!

Shelley said...

Very cute Kristy!! Love your last year's Lucky Charms treat as well!

Shelley
Fellow DT member
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Hi Kristy,

Thanks for sharing your talent with us everyday!! I absolutely love visiting you and seeing what you have to craft!! I love both of your St. Patty's Day goody bags! Absolutely adorable!!

Hugs, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

ASam said...

what kind of bags did you use? where can i find them? thanks!

Six Sisters said...

Great ideas - just in time. We loved having you join us at "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters