Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Polar Express

**UPDATED Gypsy file now available below!!!**

Hello my crafty friends, and Merry Christmas to you all! This is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door and I am super excited to be sharing here today at She's a Sassy Lady! Thanks Shelia  for the opportunity!

My family and I just returned {yesterday} from the Polar Express, We went with some friends of ours and had a fantastic time! While we were there we visited the gift shop. My friend Shannon found an adorable scrapbook kit, but it was a little over priced if you know what I mean. She really wanted it for the "Believe ticket." That's when I thought...I can make that on my Gypsy!!!! So, during the ride home I designed with the help of my G!

Here's the golden ticket:
And here are the layout pages:
I started by using a ticket on the Fabulous Finds cart, and used the hide feature to hide the inside cut. It was a little too chubby so I "unlinked" the w/h and set it at 9.88"w x 4.53"h. Then, I used Cherry Limeade for the BELIEVE. It was sized at 1.94" and then tilted at 9.00.
I placed BELIEVE in the middle of the ticket.
For the hole punched effect I used a circle from Accent Essentials and sized it at .22". This is the part that took FOREVER, but we had a 4 1/2 hour trip home so I had the time! I copied and pasted circles into each letter until I got the look I was looking for. Then I deleted the actual letters and grouped all of circle letters together.
I made two, one for my friend Shannon and one for myself.
For the train I used the Christmas cart. The train and blackout train were cut out at 2.65"h. The cars and blackout cars were cut at 2.41"h. Then, I attached a light yellow strip of paper behind the windows. These were cut at 1" x 3".
The bells are also from the Christmas cart. They were cut at 1.24"h. The band and bow were on the same key together so I took turns hiding one and then the other so that I could cut them in different colors. I made the band a little larger and cut them at 1.31"h, and the the bows at 1.27"h.
I also made a wreath for the front of the train. This was done using the Christmas cart, and was cut at 1.50"h.
For the title I used Plantin Schoolbook at cut it at .84"h. (This font matched the actual title the best.)
Here are some pictures of the pages getting put together:





Like I said we just got back yesterday (Monday) afternoon, so I have not had time to print my pics yet. There is a 5 x 7 of my Little Stinkerbella and her friend Emma sitting on Santa's lap. (Of course Stinkerbella is SCREAMING!) Here are a couple of the pics that I will be ordering to add to these pages:

I would love to share my Gypsy file with all of you, but can not figure out how to attach it?! If anyone would like it and can walk me through the process I would be more than happy to edit this post and add the file! (Thanks Cher for your help!!!!) It took a TON of time, but let's just consider this my Christmas gift to all of you! :) Happy Holidays, thanks for visiting today, and thank you for all of your lovely comments! <3 Kristy

***Here is the Gypsy download  Polar Express Gypsy Download
If you download the file please leave me a comment :) This way I will know how many people are interested in more Gypsy downloads!

32 comments:

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This layout is adorable. I love your color combo as well as all the detail you put into your layout and cuts.

Nadia's Beautiful Mess said...

Okay, I have no idea how to share Gypsy files on the computer either :( Help someone...This file is beautiful!

Mrs. Green said...

This is amazing! So super cute!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so cute! I love all the details that you added!
liz :o)

Denise G said...

That is amazing. You did a fabulous job. I am so amazed what some crafty ladies like you can do with their gypsies.

JennyKozar said...

FAntastic job on this layout. WOW!!! And your little one is too cute. TFS!

Merry Christmas

Amy Lattin said...

Wow! Such a great layout! Colton loves the ticket! It was nice seeing you. Crazy that we were on the same train. :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Kristy - this is beautiful!!! Love the sparkle and what a clever idea - to use the ticket - my daughter loves this movie!!! Oh my gosh and you have the sweetest family!
Hugs and Merry Christmas,
Melissa

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kristy, thank you so much for sharing this spectacular layout today on Shes A Sassy Lady. You are so talented and what a wonderful family photo! Thanks

Krystal O'Neill said...

Kristy, this layout is incredible! I, like many others would LOVE this gypsy file! I have downloaded a few from paper phenomenon and she uploads them to mediafire and then puts the link to that on her blog. Hope that helps!

Thanks again!

Delo said...

Kristy,
Although I did not download your file, I wanted to tell you how awesome it is. I love the layout you have done. I hope to have small children around again but I don't have now.
Thank you for sharing!

indypam1 said...

Your layout is absolutely adorable. Thank you so much for sharing your file.
Pam

Laurie said...

Great Job! you are very generous to share your hard work. thank you so much, and have a Happy Christmas.

Unknown said...

I love your layout. I don't have all of the cartridges for this but will substitute something. You did an amazing job on this!

Sherri said...

Great Job on the layout. I love the believe ticket. I want to thank you for the wonderful file and for all of the hard work that went into the creation of the file. I just became a follower too.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Bobbi said...

Wow, great layout! Thanks for the file, I am definitely coming back for it when I get home today:)

Mary said...

This is just Beautiful! Thank You for sharing the file.

Krystal O'Neill said...

Thanks for the file! You do beautiful work and I would love if you shared more! ;)

Nadia's Beautiful Mess said...

Downloaded - with lots of appreciation and many thanks!

Teri Lawson said...

Thank you so much for the download. I can imagine how much work and time it took to make this layout. It is really beautiful!! Thanks again.

Rachel Hope said...

Ummm, WOW! This is amazing!! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week! merry Christmas!

Crafty Teacher said...

Oh my gosh.. this is so ADORABLE. I love it! Thank you for sharing the file too. I'm going to use the Believe tag to put on the presents from the big S. for my girls. I'm so excited. Thank you!!
:)Khrista

Shawnee Stamper said...

What a wonderful layout! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Janice said...

Fantastic layout! This is like a work of art!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! What you did with that ticket is so amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Love the lay out thanks for sharing.

Grace Baxter said...

Your layout is fabulous. Love the wreath on the front of the train. You did a great job!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

I LOVE your layout!!!

imafarmgirl said...

this is the jackpot layout!! Thanks for sharing your file.. now to create with a little ease

Leinad said...

WOW - not only for your layout, but also for the incredible patience and time it took to create this page (your believe ticket is such an amazing and perfect detail!)!! Haven't downloaded yet, but hope to soon! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with us. Cindy

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a great layout and fab color combo. I downloaded your Gypsy file and hope to use it in the future for one of my grandkids!