Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quick and cute Thanksgiving place cards

Today's my day to be the guest designer over at She's a Sassy Lady. If you have a moment please hop on over and leave me a comment. Here's my post:

Hi everyone! This is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door and I want to thank Sheila for allowing my to be her guest designer again today! I look forward to my monthly She's a Sassy Lady posts!

This month I thought that I would come up with some quick and cute Thanksgiving place cards. If you're not hosting Thanksgiving at your house this year, they would even make great little cards to attach to a hostess' gift!  (You're not going to believe this, but this project took me LESS than 20 minutes!)

I used my fabulous Imagine and the Enjoy the Seasons cartridge to quickly whip this up:
 The pieces were printed and cut at 3".
 I cut a piece of brown paper 4" x 3" and then folded it in half to make the card 2" tall.
 Next, I glued the pumpkins down to the top of the card and then used some thin foam adhesive to attach the squash. I used some small Making Memories letter stickers to add a name to the banner. Then I used some thick foam adhesive to add the banner.
 I looped some twine around the bottom of the card and tied a knot.
Then I cut a small piece of satin ribbon and tied it onto the twine. Lastly, I threaded a flower and a button onto the twine and tied a little bow.
What do you think?!
 I love all the dimension and how quick it came together!
Thanks for stopping by today! ♥Kristy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, really cute. Love what you did with the twine and ribbon, too. I just don't use my Imagine enough. I am going to have to scraplift your idea!!!
Ruth
irlundsten@aol.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kristy, these place cards are wonderful. I love how you utilitzed the alpha stickers on a project like this.... I really need to do that as I have so many of them! Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing with us at She's A Sassy Lady!

scrappingnana said...

These are really cute. Love all the details. TFS