Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So LUCKY to have you!

Today's my day to be the guest designer over at She's a Sassy Lady. If you have a moment please hop on over and leave me a comment. Here's my post:

Hi everyone! This is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door and I want to thank Sheila for allowing my to be her guest designer again today! I look forward to my monthly She's a Sassy Lady posts! Today I thought that I would give you a quick and easy project to make and present to those {you are so "lucky" to have in your life}! And it's just in time for St. Patty's Day! I have to give credit where credit is due...I saw this idea posted on the eighteen25 girls page (they are adorable), and I thought hmm....these are cute but what can I change and add with my trusty Cricut?!

Here's what I came up with:
Here's what you will need:
*Boxes of Lucky Charms cereal
*treat bags (I got mine at Michaels)
*cardstock
*twine
*buttons
*flowers
*bling
*Microsoft Powerpoint or a photoshop program
*a cartridge with a shamrock on it (I used April Showers and then hid the smiley face with my Gypsy)

First, I opened up my Powerpoint program and found two different fonts that I liked. I chose ArabBruD, and Amaze.  Then, I made a text box for "you" and placed it in the bottom corner. Next, was a text box for "to have," and I placed it next to the "you." Then, I did another text box for "lucky," I changed the color to green and sized it larger than the other words. Lastly, I made a text box for "so," and placed it next to the lucky.
(I tried to download the file, but it did not show up properly on box.net-sorry!)
I didn't want to have to recreate the positions again, so after printing  I put them back into my printer and printed on the other side. Now, you will have 2 on a page. Then I cut each page in half at 5 1/2" (landscape). Next, cut each topper at 4 1/2", and then score at 2 1/4". While I was figuring out all the computer info my fabulous sister-in-law filled up the bags with Lucky Charms. She also folded the toppers in 1/2 for me, I trimmed the bags, folded the extra over, and stapled the toppers to the top! I {LOVE} team work!
Then, I tied twine around the entire topper, and added a button and a bow. We cut out the shamrocks at 6" added flowers and bling. We also added some 3D-dot to to the back of each shamrock to add some dimension.
I can't wait to hand these out to some of my friends at work! Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all have a {lucky} kind of week! <3 Kristy

5 comments:

Tracy said...

These are TOTALLY awesome Kristy -- OMGOODNESS I love them. I think I may scraplift this for Spencer's friends at his day school. Thanks for the wonderful idea. Of course I will post on my blog and give you the credit....yeeeee haawwww! :)))
♥Tracy

Crafty Girls said...

Love it! You always do such fun stuff! Keep up the good work! I will see you Saturday! :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love your design today is is just so 'SWEET' and they will just love the treat! Thanks for sharing this great design and tutorial with us at Shes A Sassy Lady!

Rachel Hope said...

SO Fun! What a great gift bag! :) Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

I love this! So fun!!

I featured your treat bag on my blog today, feel free to stop by & check it out:
http://www.artsyfartsymama.com/2012/03/pinteresting-features-n-shtuff-25.html